Integrated Clinical Document Improvement Director
Health Information Partners (HIP) is seeking Candidates with extensive CDI experience for a temporary full-time Director position. This position is on-site in Dallas Fort Worth and is expected to be between 3-6 months in length with the possibility of full-time long-term employment. The Integrated Clinical Document Improvement Director will be responsible for the supervision of concurrent medical record reviews to facilitate improvement in the quality of the patient’s record and physician documentation. In this role the Director will utilize appropriate clinical documentation guidelines to identify opportunities for improvement in accuracy and completeness of the medical records and the development and implementation of strategies to inform and educate members of the patient care team.
- LVN, RN or Associate/ bachelor’s degree in HIM is required
- 3+ years of recent HIM, Case Management/Utilization/ Quality review and/ or other related clinical experience in an acute care facility
- Knowledge of ICD9/10 coding, CPT codes and DRG coding is required
- Clinical Assessment skills, including understanding of disease process and pathophysiology
- Understanding of IPPS and documentation impact
- Working knowledge of Reimbursement systems and coding structures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, & Internet Explorer
- Successfully pass a criminal record/OIG/drug screening
To apply for this position please complete the application below and include your most updated resume. You may also send your most recent resume to Careers@hip-inc.com.